My latest Berkman Center obsessions/distractions
Copyfight: the politics of IP
May 17, 2002
As a Berkmanite [ http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ ], I sometimes neglect Copyfight
(sorry, Hylton) in order to get the word out about our many thrilling adventures.
Here I've decided to kill two birds. Following is a list of my latest Berkman
- Creative Commons [ http://www.creativecommons.org/ ]. It debuts today at
O'Reilly [ http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/et2002/view/e_sess/2376 ]. The
website, which will go live tonight, is the work of some very smart people,
including Lisa Rein [ http://lisarein.blogspot.com/ ] and MetaFilter's Matthew
Haughey [ http://a.wholelottanothing.org/ ].
- ILAW [ http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ilaw ]. Features the fascinating folks
behind Eldred v. Ashcroft [ http://eon.law.harvard.edu/openlaw/eldredvashcroft/
]: Lessig, Nesson, Zittrain, etc.
- Ben Edelman's Newest Study on Domain Name Issues [ http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/biz-sunrise/
]. Ben is a whole heck of lot of fun to watch.
- Greplaw [ http://www.greplaw.org/ ]. This is where cyberlaw cuts loose.
Meanwhile, there's a whole lot of non-Berkman news going on. Until next I blog,
here are some interesting bits to chew on:
- "Fair Use" is Getting Unfair Treatment [ http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2002/tc20020514_1528.htm
- Journal Boycott Over Online Access Is a Bust [ http://chronicle.com/free/2002/05/2002051601t.htm
] [Chronicle of Higher Education]
- Rights Group Joins Fight Against DVR Snooping Order [ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15327-2002May14.html
] [Washington Post]
Copyright 2002 http://www.corante.com/copyfight/