From: bo...@mit.edu (MITPressBookstore)
Subject: MIT Press publishes Zimmerman's_PGP User's Guide_
Date: 1995/04/30
organization: MIT Press
newsgroups: mit.bboard,ne.forsale,athena.forsale,athena.announcements

Now available at The MIT Press Bookstore in Kendall Square (bo...@mit.edu):

_The Official PGP User�s Guide_
Philip R. Zimmermann

_The Official PGP User�s Guide_ is the user�s manual for PGP (Pretty Good
Privacy) public-key cryptography software, freely available over the
Internet, that has become the de facto standard for the encryption of
electronic mail and data.  PGP and its author Philip Zimmermann are the
focus of national and international debates concerning this new, powerful
�envelope� that allows individuals the same privacy in communications as
enjoyed by governments and large corporations.
  Because cryptography is considered a munition by the U.S. government and
is thus subject to the same export restrictions as tanks and submarines,
the worldwide distribution of PGP over the Internet has raised a host of
issues that are addressed in the User�s Guide.
  In addition to technical details, the User�s Guide contains valuable
insights into the social engineering behind the software engineering and
into the legal, ethical, and political issues that have surrounded PGP
since its initial release.
  Philip R. Zimmermann is an independent software engineer and developer.

6 x 9 � 216 pp. � $14.95 Original in Paperback
ISBN 0-262-74017-6

coming very soon:

_PGP
Source Code and Internals_

should be available in late May.

    |      The MIT Press Bookstore                         bo...@mit.edu
     |     http://www-mitpress.mit.edu/bookstore.html

OPEN: M-F 9-7, Sat 10-6, Sun 1-6  CLOSED: Sun  & Mon of holiday weekends

       Ask for a "snailmail" copy of our "I Spy" clearance sale catalog.
      Savings of up to 80%, now through June 30. Or visit it on line at:
                            http://www-mitpress.mit.edu/i-spy/index.html

newsgroups: misc.books.technical,biz.books.technical

Now available at The MIT Press Bookstore in Kendall Square, Cambridge MA
(bo...@mit.edu) and at other fine bookstores:

[...]

http://www-mitpress.mit.edu/
or 1-800-356-0343