From: Armand@yeah.right
Subject: Creative Labs DXR2 opinion....
Date: 1997/11/15
Newsgroups: alt.video.dvd

Don't mean to bead what may already be a dead horse, but I'm new to
this group....

Any owners of the Encore DXR2 DVD-ROM have an informed opinion?  I got
a GREAT price on one (less that the cost of a 1X DVD without the
decoder) and was wondering if the decorder card is worth keeping.  I
like the 2X speed and CD-R compatibility, but would have preferred the
Sigma Designs Hollywood for a decoder, so is it worth keeping or
should I buy the Hollywood and ditch the Creative card?

I only have a 17" monitor, so I don't go above 800X600 often, so I am
not swayed by some cards claims of 1280X1024.  Is the SVideo quality
good?  Does it pause and frame advance well?

Thanks for the feedback!