[Canberrauav] Odroid-x
Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 11:42:21 EST 2012

The new model of the Odroid-x(2) was released a few days ago:

http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135235611947

Now that it's out I'll buy 2 of them for CanberraUAV.

-Stephen

[Canberrauav] ODroid-x boards
Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:19:59 EST 2012

The ODROID-X2 boards arrived today.

Specs are at :

http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135235611947#

I've given the 2 boards to Jack to pass on to Tridge. Since there's 2
boards, did Michael/Matt/other want the other board?

Thanks

Matthew Ridley dr.matt.ridley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:38:16 EST 2012

I'm good for now.

They have a very fragile power connector on them, not suitable for
flight. Jack might like to re-do that before passing them on to
Tridge.

Luckily there is a decent sized +5v solder pad. Not sure what the
ground would go to ? screw down a lug on one of the mounting holes ?
(they are plated and would be ground no doubt) I suppose a short lead
with an XT-60 connector + BEC would be in order. Could mount to a
piece of plywood, arrange basic protection/strain relief etc. I
wouldn't box it up too much as is likely to overheat.

Has your shopping spree included a few Castle Creations BEC's or similar ?

Matt