[Canberrauav] Quadcopter Workshop 2.0
Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 11:25:29 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I would like to officially announce the 2nd MHV Quadcopter workshop!

This is run over the course of several weekday evenings where attendees will
build and fly their very own quadcopter.

Key details:

-Based on the APM 2.6 autopilot platform. Unfortunately the PX4 autopilot is
not currently available.

-A number of improvements over the previous workshop, including a stronger
frame
<http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27846__Hobbyking_X525_V3_Glass_F
iber_Quadcopter_Frame_600mm_AUS_Warehouse_.html>  and upgraded RC controller
<http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__28297__Turnigy_9XR_Transmitter_M
ode_1_No_Module_.html> .

-Cost will be $730 per person (includes all hardware). This does not include
MHV membership fees.

-Workshop dates will be 24th July, 31st July and 7th August for the build.
The 14th August and 17/18th August will be flying lessons.

-Monies will be due 17th July at the latest.

-There will be a little soldering required in the workshop (far less than
the previous one).

-There are 12 spots available for the workshop.

-A laptop is required for running the ground station software

Feel free to distribute this to any friends/coworkers!

If you are interested in being a part of this workshop or have any
questions, let me know via email.

Thanks

Stephen

[Canberrauav] [Makers] Quadcopter Workshop 2.0 - Update
Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 10:10:07 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

There has been a small change of plans with the workshop. We will now be
using the PX4 autopilot (now that I have confirmed its availability) running
the Arducopter 3.0 software. The cost of the workshop will not change as a
result of this.

To any interstate lurkers on the MHV list:
I'm open to the idea of running this workshop in other cities/states if
there's enough interest.

Thanks

Stephen

[...]

[Canberrauav] Quadcopter workshop - final call
Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:29:07 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

If there is anyone else interested in being a part of the quadcopter
workshop, you have until 8pm tomorrow to let me know.

Basic details:

Based on the PX4 autopilot platform.

Copyright 2013 http://canberrauav.org.au/