Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: tstel...@gmail.com
To: qgroundcontrol@googlegroups.com
Subject: QGroundControl 2.0 tech preview release

------=_Part_3570_8708931.1378224601033

------=_Part_3571_6579929.1378224601033

<http://youtu.be/3EW8V_RhEX4>

On behalf of the whole QGroundControl dev team, I'm pleased to announce
groundbreaking progress on QGroundControl, making it considerably more
convenient, robust and user friendly. This is a first glimpse of a largely
re-architected version that we're developing toward a full 2.0.0 release in
cooperation with all of our partners in the open source community.

The team made tremendous strides on two fronts: A complete rewrite of the
parameter backend, making it more robust and efficient in terms of wireless
bandwidth and latency, and adding new PX4 flight stack-specific config
screens for easy configuration of that platform. Care was taken to not
interfere with the operation of existing adopters of QGroundControl.

Other improvements include:

- Dramatically simplified Config screen for PX4 flight stack with graphical
user guidance
- Completely rewritten parameter-handling infrastructure with clear display
of onboard and pending parameters in Advanced Configuration
- Support for autoconfiguration of fixed wing and multirotor vehicles
running the newest PX4 firmware stack
- Built-in autoconfiguration parameter files for many common airframes
- Automated PX4 firmware upgrades from within QGroundControl
- Completely new RC configuration and calibration wizards that identify
proper RC channels for use with your specific RC transmitter.

You can download the Tech Preview builds for Mac OSX and Windows here:

http://qgroundcontrol.org/downloads

The complete source for this tech preview is freely available here:

https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/tree/config

Best,

Todd Stellanova

Copyright 2013 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/qgroundcontrol