[Canberrauav] testing this morning
Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Thu Oct 3 21:12:41 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Jack and I are going to do some testing at CMAC this morning:

  - Jack will be ground testing the Beaver, getting it flight ready

  - I'll be testing some experimental ground controller code for
    APM:Plane on the AcroWot, seeing if it tames the ground handling of
    tail draggers on takeoff (we need this as the Beaver can be a real
    problem on takeoff). See my steering-wip branch in my github repo
    for the code.

Probably starting around 9am or so.

Cheers, Tridge

[Canberrauav] testing today (Saturday)
Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Fri Oct 4 22:07:51 UTC 2013

The ground steering testing yesterday was not a great success, with lots
of oscillation! We just tested by pulling the plane along the ground,
and I decided not to even start the motor as it was clearly not working.

I think I've fixed the bug, so I'm heading out to CMAC again now to try
it again.

Andrew Tridgell andrew at tridgell.net
Sat Oct 5 00:30:03 UTC 2013

> I think I've fixed the bug, so I'm heading out to CMAC again now to try
> it again.

I'm happy to report that the bug is indeed fixed, and my AcroWot does
nice takeoffs with no rudder input now. Just go to full throttle and it
corrects the steering by itself.

Next we need to test it on the beaver!

Cheers, Tridge

[Canberrauav] Flying tomorrow (Sunday)
Jack Pittar jpittar at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 5 08:10:55 UTC 2013

Sorry, no Beaver tomorrow. I went to get the propellers out of the box where
I knew they were stored since just before the Outback Challenge last year,
and they weren't there. I have now looked everywhere else they could be to
no avail.
So, it will just have to be a general meet and fly day.
The Beaver is a real bugger for ground handling, so I look forward to
playing with this software.
Jack.

Andrew Tridgell andrew at tridgell.net
Sat Oct 5 09:11:10 UTC 2013

> So, it will just have to be a general meet and fly day.

Jack will also be bringing the Ugly Stick and will be testing the ground
steering code on that.

I'll be doing more testing of the AcroWot.

All welcome!

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sat Oct 12 09:17:44 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We had a very successful test of auto-landing with the AcroWot today,
and plan to do more testing tomorrow.

Jack and I also met at CMAC in the afternoon to get the Beaver ready for
a test flight tomorrow. We should be testing it around 9am or so.

Cheers, Tridge

Copyright 2013 http://canberrauav.org.au/