[Canberrauav] NASA UAS Competition
Srikanth Saripalli srikanth.saripalli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 06:07:13 UTC 2013

I am an Assistant Professor in the School of Earth and Space Exploration at
Arizona State University (http://robotics.asu.edu). I am putting together a
team for the NASA UAS Challenge (http://uasaoc.org) consisting of mostly
undergraduate and graduate students. I have been following your UAV project
for quite a while and am impressed with what you have achieved. For the NASA
UAS Challenge, I would like to emulate your setup (same airframe, wifi,
airframe, Pixhawk flight Controller, Odroid -U2).  I was wondering if

a) If it is OK to emulate your system (we will acknowledge this in any
documentation that we send to NASA)
b) If you would like to advise us on the airframe, controller, software etc
(again we would acknowledge this)
c) If we could use your software from github
(https://github.com/tridge/cuav)

Please let me know..

Best,
-Sri

--
Srikanth Saripalli
Assistant Professor

[Canberrauav] NASA UAS Competition
Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 00:21:07 UTC 2013

Hi Sri,

All of our software is open source under the GPLv3 licence, so you are most
welcome to use it!

We are happy to answer any questions in regards to our setup. We would
recommend that you start with a smaller airframe, as the Mugin can be a
difficult aircraft to fly for non-experienced RC pilots.

(that's a "yes" to all three of your questions)

Thanks

Stephen

Srikanth Saripalli srikanth.saripalli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 00:01:12 UTC 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thanks!

We have several smaller airframes (bixler, skywalker  etc). We will try the components
on them and slowly build the Mugin. Several students are rc pilots, though not very
experienced..

-Sri