Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 15:54:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Andy Ross < andy...@gmail.com>
To: qgroundcontrol@googlegroups.com
Subject: User guide?

I'm new to flying my AR.Drone 2 and have been playing around with QGC for a
few evenings without using it for real yet. I can't seem to find a
comprehensive user/idiots guide for QGC anywhere. There is 1 page on the
website of very basic user info but it doesn't answer some of my (also very
basic) questions, such as why wont it display cached map tiles when
connected to the drone and how do I save a flight plan created on my
desktop and load it into my laptop for use outside. It feels like a really
good piece of software and I'm aware and grateful that it's opensource, but
I'm also concerned that I'll make what could be a very expensive mistake
through lack of knowledge or experience.

Can anyone point me towards a comprehensive guide?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry that doesn=E2=80=99t exist at this point. For cached map tiles you di=
d the whole select and cache thing and it=E2=80=99s not working for you?  F=
or flight plan you should be able to go to =E2=80=9CPlan=E2=80=9D while you=
 are disconnected from your drone. Then you can create waypoints and save t=
hem to a file. Then connect and load that file. I haven=E2=80=99t done it m=
yself. But that how it seems it works.

> On Mar 5, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Andy Ross < andy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> I'm new to flying my AR.Drone 2 and have been playing around with QGC for=
 a few evenings without using it for real yet. I can't seem to find a compr=
ehensive user/idiots guide for QGC anywhere. There is 1 page on the website=
 of very basic user info but it doesn't answer some of my (also very basic)=
 questions, such as why wont it display cached map tiles when connected to =
the drone and how do I save a flight plan created on my desktop and load it=
 into my laptop for use outside. It feels like a really good piece of softw=
are and I'm aware and grateful that it's opensource, but I'm also concerned=
 that I'll make what could be a very expensive mistake through lack of know=
ledge or experience.
>=20
> Can anyone point me towards a comprehensive guide?
>=20
> Thanks in advance!
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> ---=20
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups=
 "QGroundControl" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an=
 email to qgroundcontro...@googlegroups.com <mailto:qgroundcontro...@google=
groups.com>.