From: r...@eff.org (Rita Marie Rouvalis)
Newsgroups: comp.org.eff.talk,comp.org.eff.news
Subject: Attention EFF Members
Date: 1 Aug 91 15:05:02 GMT
Sender: r...@eff.org (Rita Marie Rouvalis)

Members of EFF,

	All of us here at EFF are sincerely grateful for your support.
More than any monetary contribution, the moral support of so many
individuals from across Cyberspace is profoundly encouraging in our work.
As administrator, I would like to address some of your concerns.

	I have recently received a quantity of e-mail and telephone calls from
members wondering where the heck their memberships cards are.  Most
were afraid that we had somehow forgotten them . . .  Rest assured, none
of you have been overlooked.  If you received a thankyou letter for your
contribution from Mitch Kapor, then you have been processed as fully as
we are set up to do at this time.  Your name as been added to our database
as a member, your check has been cashed, and I mailed you out a letter.
(Mastercard and Visa have also gone through; we are still waiting for
authorization for American Express, so if you paid with your AmEx card
that is why it hasn't shown up on your bill.)  If you sent in a membership
form and have *not* received a letter, *please* contact me.

	As far as membership cards, numbers, T-shirts, and the
sundry paraphenalia normally associated with membership in an organization,
please be patient!  At this very moment a world-class graphic artist is
working on a logo for EFF.  When we have this logo, you will all get
your membership cards, complete with those coveted low numbers. (I am
keeping careful track of the order in which memberships arrive; you will
be assigned your number according to your spot in the queue.)

	A bit of Administrivia while I have your attention:  Please do
*not* e-mail your credit card numbers to me!  E-mail is not secure!
Also, to address some concerns raised over the recent black-cube break-in:
No membership or mailing list information whatsoever is stored on
black-cube or eff.org.  A cracker would have to get into the building,
sit down at my mac, and access my database to find information on any
of our members.

	If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact me
at (617)864-0665 or r...@eff.org.

Rita Marie Rouvalis
Administrator, EFF
r...@eff.org

--
Rita Marie Rouvalis              r...@eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation   | Fragment.  Another fragment.  Good