From: v...@eff.org (Gerard Van der Leun)
Newsgroups: alt.books.technical,alt.dcom.telecom,biz.jobs.offered,
comp.org.eff.news,ne.jobs
Subject: Looking for a Writer to Travel Cyberspace
Date: 13 Sep 91 15:42:38 GMT
Sender: n...@eff.org (USENET Maintenance)

THE EFF IS LOOKING FOR A WRITER WHO TRAVELS IN CYBERSPACE

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is looking for a writer who is
intimately familiar with the Internet to be the main writer and
researcher for the world's most user-friendly guide connecting
with the net.

We need to find a writer who is within easy reach of our offices
in Cambridge, MA, knows how to navigate the Internet, understands such
items as ftp, irc, archie, etc and can explain them to a non-technical
enduser. This will NOT be a technical reference.  What we have in mind
is the antithesis of Unix manual pages.

The writer will work with the staff of the EFF, various net
personalities, and other sources of information.  The writer will
report directly to the Director of Communications who will assume
the role of editor for the duration of the project.

We will offer a fee in installments over the course of the project
as an advance against royalties.  This will be negotiated but will
reflect the industry standard.

If you think you can write a guide to the Internet that is both
easy to  understand, technically correct, and entertaining, please
send me a short note about what you've done in the last three
years, and , more important, a brief statement about what's you'd
do if you were to write "The Essential Guide to the Net".

replies to v...@eff.org only