Newsgroups: dc.general
From: r...@eff.org (Rita Marie Rouvalis)
Subject: EFF Seeks Washington Intern
Sender: use...@eff.org (NNTP News Poster)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1992 15:16:14 GMT

JOB OPPORTUNITY

The Electronic Frontier Foundation seeks applications for a permanent, full-
time position as an administrative staff assistant in its Washington, D.C.,
office to begin immediately.

RESPONSIBILITIES/QUALIFICATIONS

  * Daily monitoring of multiple publications using Lexis/Nexis as well as
    other on-line services.

  * General research support for four professional staff members.

  * Responsible for maintaining the EFF's clip files.

  * Tracking Congressional legislation.

  * Fufillment of information requests over the telephone and by regular
    and electronic mail.

  * General clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering
    telephones, photocopying, data entry, etc.

Candidates familiar with Macintosh computers and related applications and
related online systems, will be given preference.  Experience with/knowledge
of the legislative branch, computers and computer communications is
valuable.

SALARY

       $17,500 annually with vacation and benefits package.

CONTACT
       Sarah Simpson
       Electronic Frontier Foundation
       666 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
       Suite 303
       Washington, DC  20003
       (202) 544-9237
       fax (202) 547-5481
       Internet:   ssimp...@eff.org

The EFF is a public interest organization established in 1990 by pioneer
developers of computer software and hardware and members of the
computer networking community.

The EFF was founded on a shared conviction that a new public interest
advocacy organization was needed to educate the public about the democratic
potential of new computer and communications technologies and to work to
develop and implement public policies to maximize freedom,
competitiveness, and civil liberties in the electronic social environments
being created by new computer and communications technologies.  Our
primary mission is to insure that the new electronic highways emerging from
the convergence of telephone, cable, broadcast, and other communications
technologies enhance First and Fourth Amendment rights, encourage new
entrepreneurial activity, and are open and accessible to all segments
of society.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

--
Rita Marie Rouvalis              r...@eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation   |