From: info...@ucbvax.ARPA
Newsgroups: fa.info-vax
Subject: gnu emacs on VMS
Date: Mon, 3-Jun-85 19:54:38 EDT
Sender: dae...@ucbvax.ARPA

From: sas...@harvard.ARPA (Marty Sasaki)

There are several groups working on porting GNU EMACS from UNIX to VMS.
I am only one of these folks and I have lots of other things that need
to be done first, others will have the ports done before I finish mine.

GNU EMACS is a public domain EMACS and is available on many ARPA and
UUCP sites. GNU EMACS run very well (comparable speed to CCA and Gosling's)
but is very large. When it has been ported to VMS, there won't be much
reason to buy CCA or UNIPRESS EMACS.

		Marty Sasaki