From: rms@mit-prep
Newsgroups: net.emacs
Subject: How many copies would YOU buy?
Date: Fri, 12-Jul-85 16:49:31 EDT
Sender: daemon@mit-eddi.UUCP

From: Richard M. Stallman <rms@mit-prep>
I now have to decide how to print the first edition of the Emacs manual,
given that there will probably be another edition in September.
I'd like to see whether there will be enough demand for it to be
worth while to use offset printing.  Can you tell me:

If the manual costs $10, how many copies would you (and your organization
 if you are responsible for that) buy?

How many if it costs $5?

Note that the tex sources will be available; you can print your own
manuals if you want.