From: rcj@burl.UUCP (Curtis Jackson)
Newsgroups: net.emacs,net.sources.d,net.news.group
Subject: distributing gnu - let's think about this
Date: Sun, 27-Apr-86 17:02:56 EDT
In article <355@yetti.UUCP> oz@yetti.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
>	I think the best way would be *regional GNU nodes*, people
>	who have time and resources to handle guest uucp hookups,
>	tapes etc.

I agree, since my company (yes, that is the owner of the Death Star
up there on the organization line) would probably object very strongly
to paying its phone $$$ to ship free Unix-based software around the
world -- I think you can understand why.  While I am somewhat in
agreement with the concept behind GNU and the FREE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION,
I can also see my employer's point.  If there was a newsgroup created,
I would not carry it through my backbone and would urge other AT&T sites
to disallow it as well just to protect my already shaky permission to
carry the rest of netnews (and it has been so worthwhile!).
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!burl!rcj