From: r...@PREP.AI.MIT.EDU
Newsgroups: net.emacs
Subject: Version 18 available for testing
Date: Thu, 2-Oct-86 16:27:02 EDT
Sender: j...@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU

From: r...@PREP.AI.MIT.EDU (Richard M. Stallman)

Those who wish to test GNU Emacs version 18 and are
prepared for possible problems can now get it from the usual
places (/u2/emacs/dist and /u2/emacs/edist.tar-18.24)
on prep.ai.mit.edu.

I am especialy interested to hear of any problems you have
in getting it to run at all on previously supported systems other
than 4.2bsd on a vax.

I will be leaving for a month Friday evening.  During that time
mly will probably merge in bug fixes.  However, anything you can
get me by tomorrow afternoon I will look at before I go.