From: e...@CS2.WSU.EDU (Eric Schneider - System Manager)
Newsgroups: gnu.gcc.bug
Subject: Intel 386 version of GNU CC
Date: 19 Oct 88 03:23:18 GMT
Sender: dae...@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

Well, first of all, this is not exactly a bug, but I don't know where to
send messages of this sort so here goes...

One thing I have noticed about the GNU CC compiler is that for most of the
systems on which it will run, there is already a system C compiler.  One
notable exception to this is the version for the Intel 386 proccessor.  It
is possible to buy an 80386 box and a System V compatible operating system
withouty a C compiler.  It would be nice to have available a fully functional
version of GNU CC for the 80386.  This would include cc, as, ld and finally
the C library.

In the short term, are there any plans to add 80386 support to 'gas'?

On a final note, where is the appropriate place to send discussion of this
sort?

			Eric Schneider, System Manager
			Computer Science Department
			Washington State University