From: j...@Apple.COM (John Kullmann)
Newsgroups: gnu.gcc
Subject: GNU's not GNU...
Date: 22 Mar 89 01:55:39 GMT

I couldn't figure out where to post this so pardon me for posting it here.

FLAME ON.
I think it is bull**** that just because Stallman has a bug up his a** about
Apple's corporate policies and actions that the GNU project
will have nothing to do with A/UX.

I was going to port over gdb, but f*** it if the GNU-nixs won't
put my changes back into the offical GNU source. We already have most of GNU
ported but met with closed minds and petty bull**** when we tried to get our
changes rolled back into the offical sources. We are just hard working
software jocks like the rest of you and want the stuff we do to be used
and appreciated like you do. It's bull**** to ignore and piss off us poor
software peons just because you do not like Apple's corporate policy. It
is self-defeating towards the goals that GNU is pursuing, and if you think
that ignoring/rejecting us is somehow going to cause Apple to change its
corporate policies you are living in a fantasyland.

So I guess GNU is freeware/copyleft/etc/etc as long as we all do what Stallman
or the GNU-nixs want. Great attitude.
FLAME OFF.

Is there anyone else out there that has met with a brick wall when trying to
get changes for a particular architecture rolled back into some piece of
GNU? Is there more to GNU's hatred of Apple than some misguided philisophical
beliefs? Am I wrong to feel this way?

---The above commentary is the opinion of John Kullmann. It was made on my own
time without the knowledge or sanction of Apple Computer.