From: bpal...@bbn.com (Brian Palmer)
Newsgroups: gnu.misc.discuss
Subject: Objective Gnu?
Date: 19 Sep 89 15:36:16 GMT
Sender: n...@bbn.COM

In "The NeXT Book" by Bruce Webster, he says: (page 134)

	Objective C is based on the Gnu C compiler developed by
	Richard Stallman.  Release 0.9 has merged the Objective
	C syntax with the the Gnu C compiler to speed up compilation
	and to produce faster, more efficient code.

Are they using FSF software in their product? Or is Webster just badly
explaining the situation ...  and Objective C is just preprocessing and
passing C to gcc.

Otherwise Gang, I see a Copyleft violation right?

Brian