From: r...@AI.MIT.EDU
Newsgroups: gnu.gcc
Subject: Jobs working on GNU
Date: 12 Oct 89 17:10:40 GMT
Sender: dae...@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

The Free Software Foundation would like to hire one or two programmers
and/or technical writers to work on parts of the GNU system.

We are looking for programmers who can write and maintain sizeable
programs essentially on their own.  Programmers who could get a job
with a lot higher pay elsewhere, but who would appreciate working for
public service and the absence of corporate micky-mouse.  Our pay is
low by programmers' standards, but people say that it is not low
enough to justify the term "activist wages" which I used to use.

We are also looking for technical writers who can write clear and
readable manuals for Unix programming tools, libraries, etc.

If you are interested in working as a programmer, please send
information about some programs you have written that other people
have used.  I would like to know what the programs do, how big they
are, whether you wrote them all by yourself or what parts you wrote
yourself, how many people used them, and whether you maintained them
and for how long.  Also send some samples of code you have written, to
show what your skills at coding and organizing programs.

If you are a technical writer, please send some manuals you have
written.

Please don't send just an ordinary resume, because they don't
generally give a basis for judging someone's ability.

Please send this information to me, either by electronic mail to
r...@ai.mit.edu or by US Snail to:

    Richard Stallman
    545 Tech Sq rm 430
    Cambridge, MA 02139