Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.desqview
From: e...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Eben Moglen)
Subject: Clarkson NCSA telnet + DV + token ring = crash
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1992 05:53:55 GMT

I am trying to run the Clarkson NCSA packet drivers for telnet and ftp
on a 386sx running DV2.41 QEMM6.01 DOS3.3, attached to an IBM tok-ring
network.  The network adapter is the IBM 16/4 board.  Serious crashes
occur when it runs.

This is to be expected.  Various ideas have been posted from time to
time, but none has worked satisfactorily for me.  Has anyone got a
solution that works in a similar environment.  Please post ideas, or
let me know by e-mail, and I'll summarize.  I really would appreciate
anyone's notions about fixes.  We need an answer quite urgently.
               Fiat Justitia,          "Quoi que vous fassiez, ecrasez l'enfame,
                ruat Coelum.                            et aimez qui vous aime."
 Eben Moglen                       voice: 212-854-8382
 Professor of Law & Legal History    fax: 212-854-7946          moglen@lawmail.
 Columbia Law School, 435 West 116th Street, NYC 10027          columbia.edu