From: e...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Eben Moglen)
Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.desqview
Subject: Borland's Reflex 2.0 and DV
Date: 27 Feb 92 22:39:50 GMT

For the second time this month, I am unable to get Borland software to
run under DV; Philippe Kahn should be doing something about this.
Anyway, I am running QEMM 6.1 & DV 2.42, DOS 3.3, a variety of
hardware.  Reflex 2.0 initializes, but crashes VERY hard whenever I
try to open a database.  QEMM seems to want to signal an exception,
but the system goes down before QEMM gets the register dump out.

Borland was not very helpful.  There are no patches, and nothing in
the book.  One technician was said to be running Reflex under DV, but
they wouldn't let me talk to him directly, and no one else knew anything.

Anyone succeeding out there?  Please mail me a copy of your .DVP, or
describe the basis of your astounding success.  I am already grateful.
               Fiat Justitia,         "Quoi que vous fassiez, ecrasez l'enfame,
                ruat Coelum.                           et aimez qui vous aime."
 Eben Moglen                       voice: 212-854-8382
 Professor of Law & Legal History    fax: 212-854-7946          moglen@lawmail.
 Columbia Law School, 435 West 116th Street, NYC 10027          columbia.edu