Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl
From: e...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Eben Moglen)
Subject: Damn fool question re Camel Book
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1992 16:28:22 GMT

I have written a fair amount of perl in the last several months, but always
without reading the so-called Camel Book, which I see referred to here
frequently.  I appreciate that this should be FAQ, but doesn't seem to be:
can I ftp this book from somewhere?

If not, could someone please excerpt the basic discussion of perl pointers
and send it to me?  I can't seem to puzzle out for myself the Single True
Perl Concept that explains what happens when you dereference in various
contexts left and right of assignment.  Sorry to be so obtuse.  Thanks for
the help.
               Fiat Justitia,         "Quoi que vous fassiez, ecrasez l'infame,
                ruat Coelum.                           et aimez qui vous aime."
 Eben Moglen                       voice: 212-854-8382
 Professor of Law & Legal History    fax: 212-854-7946          moglen@lawmail.
 Columbia Law School, 435 West 116th Street, NYC 10027          columbia.edu