Newsgroups: sci.crypt,alt.security.pgp
From: co...@web.apc.org (Colin Plumb)
Subject: PGP 2.2 is both released and out there
Date: 7 Mar 93 15:26:42 GMT

It took a while after the release was finished to actually get
a megabyte and a bit to several places around the world, but
you might have a look for PGP 2.2 in:

nic.funet.fi:pub/msdos/incoming
garbo.uwasa.fi:pc/incoming
src.doc.ic.ac.uk:tmp/pgp

Unfortunately, ghost.dsi.unimi.IT (How could I misspell "it", dammit?)
is still having problems, so it's not there yet.  (That took a few hours
to prove, though.)

And we'll have it sent to several other places by the time you read this,
although archie won't show it because it only polls sites once a month.
For the next day or two, you can go gold-digging in tmp and incoming
directories on well-known archive machines.

Here are sizes and signatures for the PGP 2.2 distribution archives.

First, the public key of the signer:

pgp22.zip: 209409 bytes
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.2

iQBgAgUAK5nUCso9of2GWqfzAQHJTwJY1E0lYUStaqbqDwSiUJgwkUQGnAfhvK1K
7J87i1AXNjj1Q0qfi12ZM7KcFUwVJQdWvIXOcF0N8N76aHI6XofshSyNaUEeuCzd
5ALh
=TiYv
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

pgp22src.zip: 521550 bytes
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.2

iQBgAgUAK5nT8co9of2GWqfzAQGKFwJYkxIqmfSqzbevszyAxHw7ejzqpC0GD0of
+/YzBIM2paGaBYTLCyQzA1nDVi8B4BlruvDmeLbubBNY3+QZ9QywF/H9UtO55rm+
/Tox
=9iDd
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

pgp22.tar.Z: 651826 bytes
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.2

iQBgAgUAK5nT2co9of2GWqfzAQFaoQJXT79rPPNBKH5EN3i4q0R0qp52YePHh+4u
psoIq5s2doSUxAXq4Ey0v0NJ5XR5RgC5/cKBozLRUtq8x+YvGreuT861p5bUcZZW
JtKY
=1lQl