Newsgroups: sci.crypt,alt.security.pgp
From: co...@web.apc.org (Colin Plumb)
Subject: Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) version 2.3 release announcement
Date: 17 Jun 93 20:23:29 GMT

PGP 2.3 is now available.  This is mostly a bug-fix release, with the
most notable bug being in the MS-DOS version of PGP 2.2.  The compression
code freed a bad pointer, resulting in memory corruption with unpredictable
effects.  Mostly, nothing happened.  Sometimes, PGP produced a bad file.
Sometimes it would crash.  This has, of course, been fixed.  Other bugs
that affect all platforms have also been fixed.

See doc/newfor23.doc in the release for the full details.

Availability

Thinking of the U.S. Defence Trade Regulations' (formerly International
Traffic in Arms Regulations) phrasing "available from libraries open to
the public," I have placed PGP (MS-DOS format) in the Canadian Broadcasting
Corporation library.  Contact Max Allen at +1 416 205-6017 for assistance.

The archive files are pgp23.zip, pgp23src.zip, and pgp23.tar.Z.  The latter
two have identical contents, except that the .zip file has CRLF line endings
for text files.

They are available now from:
src.doc.ic.ac.uk:computing/security/pgp
ghost.dsi.unimi.it:/tmp, will be moved to pub/security
nic.funet.fi: has been uploaded, awaiting a permanent home
ftp.uunet.ca:/tmp, awaiting a permanent home
ftp.cs.toronto.edu:/tmp

The signatures on the PGP distribution files follow.
--
	-Colin

pgp23.zip 219951 bytes
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.3

iQBgAgUALB5tOMo9of2GWqfzAQHsswJXdYJwfR01HiGpttTg0fXf6F23AjldghmL
mxrTH2B27c0ZULAYe4aTx5o7K7rmYplf0cjWg3H4tGQbZ17q50tV3OgI1GgEbd21
eZTu
=BkKw
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

pgp23src.zip 541760 bytes
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.3

iQBgAgUALB+smso9of2GWqfzAQGxsAJYyNWdiXe3thaXydevG5uRwP6MLbiv1+Ox
LuBxNawaCJIaoOFSWJNrNFil0eujsyYN7ESswiHiITUXMnJnqQ9rR+oP8XIjqV0/
BD5p
=QO/1
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

pgp23.tar.Z 675598 bytes
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.3

iQBgAgUALB+shMo9of2GWqfzAQEMhQJXbQRYz3Xzjt12M8ImbTzXmwoC4mnCyHTg
8lONEakvlYHw1KQZP6+9Y5QJh84mtn2EFDm/GU+gvPsZOd1ZQOO4s+XFX570cWGE
7696
=4gFu
>The archive files are pgp23.zip, pgp23src.zip, and pgp23.tar.Z.  The latter
>two have identical contents, except that the .zip file has CRLF line endings
>for text files.
>
>They are available now from:

>ghost.dsi.unimi.it:/tmp, will be moved to pub/security

will be mirrored to nic.funet.fi pub/crypt/ghost*

>nic.funet.fi: has been uploaded, awaiting a permanent home

are now available on nic.funet.fi pub/crypt

//Jyrki

   PGP 2.3 is now available.  This is mostly a bug-fix release, with the
   The archive files are pgp23.zip, pgp23src.zip, and pgp23.tar.Z.  The latter
   two have identical contents, except that the .zip file has CRLF line endings
   for text files.

   They are available now from:
   src.doc.ic.ac.uk:computing/security/pgp
   ghost.dsi.unimi.it:/tmp, will be moved to pub/security
   nic.funet.fi: has been uploaded, awaiting a permanent home
   ftp.uunet.ca:/tmp, awaiting a permanent home
   ftp.cs.toronto.edu:/tmp

Now available on black.ox.ac.uk:/src/security/

These are a straight copy of the Imperial College archive.

Paul
--
Paul Leyland <p...@oxford.ac.uk>          | Hanging on in quiet desperation is
Oxford University Computing Service      |     the English way.