From: v...@ranahh.hanse.de (Volkmar Grote)
Newsgroups: alt.sources.wanted
Subject: PATHWORKS Sources - what happened?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 19:42:09 GMT

Hello fellow netters,

this is from something I picked from Usenet sometime ago:

> From comp.sources.wanted Sat Dec  5 23:52:47 1992

> From: cc...@levels.unisa.edu.au
> Newsgroups: comp.sources.wanted
> Subject: Free Pathworks for Unix available
> Date: 27 Nov 92 06:15:00 +1030

> I have had a lot of enquiries about the free pathworks server after I followed
> up a comment on the list. Alan Cox  has tracked
> down the author and I have got the full story from him. He is Andrew Tridgell,
>  at the Australian National University.

> Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shea...@UniSA.edu.au

I stored this message for future use, which might be now :-).

I already asked Alan, but he wrote, that the said server somehow disappeared
after someone applied some kind of pressure :-(

I tried the other two people from down under, but got no reply.

Has this rare beast survived somewhere?
Due to a) no IP at my site and b) bandwidth trouble in my domain, I'd
prefer anything to ftp (e.g. uucp, X400, BBS, preferrably in europe).

Thank you very much
	Volkmar
--
v...@ranahh.hanse.DE
Volkmar Grote, Gilbertstrasse 25, D-22767 Hamburg, Germany, +49-40-31 33 39

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not screaming
in terror like his passengers." (nicked from Jim Harkins)