Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.wanted
From: par...@cs.cornell.edu (Marc Parmet)
Subject: ANNOUNCING GNU EMACS FOR THE MACINTOSH
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 1994 01:45:38 GMT

I have ported GNU Emacs 18.59 to the Macintosh.  It is available using
anonymous ftp from ftp.cs.cornell.edu, in directory pub/parmet.  The
current Macintosh port version is 1.12d.  You are welcome to try it out.

I had hoped to wait a bit longer before announcing it to the world, to
work out more of the quirks.  Word leaked out.  Someone preempted my
announcement, and moreover announced an old version, 1.05d, with too
many bugs.  Please take the newer version.

Marc Parmet
par...@cs.cornell.edu