Date: Sun, 2 Oct 94 03:04:56 -0400
From: r...@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Richard Stallman)
To: g...@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Newsgroups: gnu.announce,gnu.gcc.announce,gnu.g++.announce,
gnu.emacs.announce,comp.emacs,gnu.utils.bug,comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++
Subject: What GNU Tutorials would you attend?

We are thinking of having a GNU technical seminar in Cambridge,
Massachusetts next April or May.  One day will be a series of talks,
mostly technical overviews; the following day we are thinking of
having tutorials.  Tentatively we plan to charge $300 for the day of
talks, and $180 for each half day tutorial (students 1/4 price).
(These prices may change; consider them order-of-magnitude estimates.)
The funds raised, beyond the cost of the seminar itself, will go to
support GNU development.

To plan the tutorials, we need to find out what tutorial topics people
are interested in.  Here are the topics we are thinking about.

* Emacs Lisp programming.
* Advanced Emacs editing.
* Hurd programming.
* Using GNU Make, Bison, and Flex.
* Writing documentation in Texinfo.
* The Linux kernel.
* Using Autoconf to write portable programs.
* Porting GCC.

If you think you would actually attend one or more of these tutorials,
please send mail to gnu-tutori...@gnu.ai.mit.edu and tell us which
ones.  We'll use the response to figure out which tutorials to offer,
and how to schedule them.