From: Andrew Tridgell <tri...@arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au>
Subject: Samba 1.9.16 finally released
Date: 1996/08/22
sender: dae...@efficient.com
organization: Efficient Email to News Gateway
reply-to: tri...@arvidsjaur.anu.edu.au
newsgroups: comp.protocols.smb

I've finally released Samba 1.9.16. Its available from
ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/samba and several mirror sites.

I'm sorry its taken so long for this release. A lot of restructuring,
particularly in nmbd, meant that it took a long time to get reasonably
stable.

Its possible (likely?) that there will be a 1.9.16p1 release before I
leave for the SMB workshop this Saturday. That will depend on the
feedback and bug reports we get from this release.

Thanks for your patience, and special thanks to all those people who
have helped by contributing patches, bug reports and ideas over the
last few months.

Cheers, Andrew