From: r...@santafe.edu (Richard Stallman)
Subject: XNotesPlus
Date: 1998/09/04
Sender: gnu-misc-discuss-requ...@mail.gnu.org
x-uunet-gateway: relay7.UU.NET from gnu-misc-discuss to gnu.misc.discuss;
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 19:55:48 EDT
Newsgroups: gnu.misc.discuss

The author of XNotesPlus is forthright about his motives.  He is angry
at me for stating what free operating systems need in the way of
documentation, in order to fully do their job (see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-doc.html).

Among those of you who value free software and free documentation, is
there anyone who would like to write a replacement for XNotesPlus for
the GNU project?  Precise compatibility is not needed--doing the job
is what matters.

Please send me email if you volunteer to write this program.  The job
is probably simple enough that there is no need for more than one
person.