From bryan.murdock at hp.com  Fri Aug 15 17:02:53 2003
From: bryan.murdock at hp.com (Bryan Murdock)
Date: Fri Aug 15 17:03:02 2003
Subject: [uug] where to learn more about RMS philosophy?

Every now and then I have this crazy desire to understand what exactly
Richard Stallman is really talking about, what he would do if he could
draft some new copyright and intellectual property laws.  I just read an
interview where he stated that Debian is basically not his favorite
distro. any more (though it's still on his laptop), because they
distribute some non-free software.  His new favorite distro. is called
GNU/LinEx, distributed by the government of Extremadura, because it is,
"the only installable distribution that consists entirely of free
software."  (I am _not_ making this up, see [1] and search on google for
"gnu/linex" and you'll see).  He just seems insanse about Free with a
capital F, and I just wish to understand him better, maybe see that he
isn't insane, I mean, I like his software and lots of others do to,
maybe we are all just insane too though...

Anyway, Is there a book I could read, or some online essays to help me?
The small quotes and soundbites I've heard just aren't cutting it.

Thanks,

Bryan

P.S.  Maybe I don't really want to know more, if so, just don't tell me.

1. http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=260