From: scra...@cisunx.UUCP (Steven J Owens)
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp
Subject: ?? GURPS Cyberpunk Article ??
Date: 5 May 89 09:06:27 GMT

Okay... third try (this is NOT my night for wrestling with RN)...

In the past here in Rec.games.frp (or in e-mail) it has been mentioned
to me that awhile back an article was published in the GURPS Newsletter
dealing with Cyberpunk.  Specifically, how to play Cyberpunk with the
GURPS rules structure.  Up to this point I have been unsuccessful in
finding a copy of this issue (I believe it was issue #9 ??).

This brings me to the nub, the crux, as it were :-) of my post.  Could
some kind soul out there (or perhaps some unkind soul caught in a moment
of weakness :-) PLEASE send me a copy of that article, and/or any
related articles?

If anybody knows how to reach the GURPS BBS via the net, that info would
be welcome also (unfortunately, they aren't PC-Pursuitable).

In other News
-------------

David Wood, I apologize for the incorrect e-mail path I sent you this
week, you should be able to reach me (I hope) at:

Scra...@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu

or at the other addresses & phone # that I sent you via e-mail.

And now some fodder for the cannon
----------------------------------

I was just paging through the Cyberpunk Source Book tonight and came
across the GMs Tips section.  Some interesting stuff there.  While I'm
enjoying our present Cyberpunk campaign, I kinda wonder if the
gamemaster got past the part "Paranoia is an important part of a
Cyberpunk run."  and read the stuff about teamwork, etc.  Our campaign is
very rich in paranoia and subplots, but has almost no teamwork.  I kinda
tried to promote teamwork by being "Mr.Dependable" (can you say "bushido
code"?  I _knew_  you could...) but all that got me was iced.  ( so far -
nobody really knows _what_ happened after the Trauma Team picked me up).

     So I'm kinda curious, are the other campaigns out there equally
like this?  Any ideas from the GMs (besides the "team format") on how to
decrease disunity and increase unity?  Seems like every time our poor
long-suffering Gamemaster gets us all in one spot, something sends us
scurrying in separate directions (the phrase "rats leaving a sinking
ship" comes to mind) or kills off 9/10s of us.

Steven J. Owens
Scratch@Pittvms
Scra...@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu

|  This Coupon Good For One Witty Quote.        |
|  Redeemable at your nearest Quote Dispenser.  |

>In the past here in Rec.games.frp (or in e-mail) it has been mentioned
>to me that awhile back an article was published in the GURPS Newsletter
>dealing with Cyberpunk.  Specifically, how to play Cyberpunk with the
>GURPS rules structure.  Up to this point I have been unsuccessful in
>finding a copy of this issue (I believe it was issue #9 ??).
>
>This brings me to the nub, the crux, as it were :-) of my post.  Could
>some kind soul out there (or perhaps some unkind soul caught in a moment
>of weakness :-) PLEASE send me a copy of that article, and/or any
>related articles?

Back issues of Roleplayer should be available by mail order from SJG.
Just send a letter and a SASE to the address listed in the front of
the books.  I think back issues are $1.  I believe that article is
also available online on SJG-BBS in the files section (type 'G999' at
the ':' prompt after logging on for a listing of available files).

>If anybody knows how to reach the GURPS BBS via the net, that info would
>be welcome also (unfortunately, they aren't PC-Pursuitable).

No, they're not on the net.  At least for now.  They may have a Usenet
hookup in the near future, though.  Loyd Blankenship, who used to be
one of the crowd here on rec.games.frp, is now an editor at SJG.  He's
trying to find a way to hook them up.  For now, occasional things get
gatewayed back and forth by a few of us who frequent both the BBS and
rec.games.frp.  And I sometimes summarize stuff from the BBS in the
GURPS Digest.

>Steven J. Owens
>Scratch@Pittvms
>Scra...@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu