From: l...@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Len Rose)
Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy,comp.sys.att,misc.wanted,comp.sources.wanted
Subject: Help Needed
Date: 27 Apr 90 17:27:53 GMT
Sender: use...@ames.arc.nasa.gov

Please excuse the choice of newsgroups, I feel that they are justified
in this case.

I am currently embroiled in a serious legal problem because I have sent
some password decryption software to a member of the L.O.D. (a group of
people who seemingly broke into Bellcore sites and stole "911" source code).
This person was on the net (University of Missouri at Columbia) * see note 1

While this may have been a "stupid" thing to do (hindsight being what it is),
it was "public domain" and I had no knowledge of their activities.

I would like to prove to the U.S. Government and the Secret Service that
such software was readily available on the net, and could have been obtained
by openly requesting same.

In fact, I believe something called "The Cryptographer's Toolkit" was once
released to the net via comp.sources.(unix or misc) .. Also I remember other
instances that software was released that decrypted passwords..

What I am asking for essentially is that anyone who has such software either
contact me either by sending me a copy of the software via electronic mail,
or via US postal mail. Or if you feel that it is somehow dangerous for you to
do so (who knows) , you can contact my attorney Mr. Carlos Recio at:
(202) 785-4428 (voice)  or fax (202) 429-9683 .. I intend to check the UUNET
archives for a few of these things too.

I can be reached at (301) 371-4492 (voice) for verification if you need any
information. I can be reached at (uunet!eci!len) or (ames!len) via electronic
mail.

I apologize for making such a request, but it seems that alot is dependent
on this issue.

Len Rose
Netsys, Inc.
301-371-4492

{ames,rutgers,lll-winken}!netsys!len  or l...@netsys.com
(note: the S.S. has all my equipment and software, so do not use this address)

* Note: This is not the sole reason for me being in trouble, but it's
        complicated matters greatly.

NASA is not responsible for anything I post, please don't hold them
accountable..