Newsgroups: news.admin,rec.video.satellite,misc.forsale.computers,biz.comp.services
From: l...@netsys.netsys.com (Len Rose)
Subject: Usenet News via Satellite
Sender: n...@pagesat.com
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1992 06:36:16 GMT

 -- PAGESAT SATELLITE NEWSFEED SERVICES ANNOUNCES FULL OPERATION --

 PageSat Inc.                         "We aim at the Stars"
 992 San Antonio Road
 Palo Alto, Ca. 94303
 415-424-0380

 The system consists of a 45 cm dish,small receiver, and modem. We
 are transmitting 24 hours/7 days at 9600 bps.. We have developed a
 portable interface into existing B/C usenet software,that reads batches
 into a serial port on your computer and pipes them directly into rnews.
 We simply deliver 40 plus megabytes daily to your host system,minus
 the phone lines,connect charges, and those "uneven bursts of news",
 that mark a uucp based newsfeed.

 Currently, we support Unix systems, but are working on providing
 support for MS Windows,and Macintosh. All software is public domain,
 and source code is provided with each system we sell.

 The Usenet satellite uplink service has been reliably delivering a full
 newsfeed for three months. PageSat is dedicating a large Sun server,a T1
 Internet link for incoming news, combined with multiple nntp newsfeeds
 to ensure that you get news on a smooth,steady,reliable basis each and
 every day.

 The satellite is GE's K2, and covers all of the continental US,southern
 Canada, and northern Mexico.

 We currently have sites in New York,New Jersey, Ohio , and California
 reliably receiving news each and every day.

 Technology:
 -----------
 The system is based on tried and true hardware our company has been
 using for years to uplink data for commercial customers. The software
 is completely public domain, and may be modified as your needs dictate.

 Pricing:
 --------
 We originally sold this system for $1800 as an incentive , but we
 will be increasing the price to 2100.00 within 30 days. So, if you
 want to save money , order now.

 There will be no other charges for at least 1 year.. At that time,
 we will assess the need for monthly charges if any, and will instead
 attempt to rely on value added services for any additional revenues
 if needed.

 Lead times are at least 5 weeks.  Visa, and personal checks accepted.

 For more information, call 415-424-0380 , ask for marketing, and
 we will send you an information kit.

 -- PAGESAT SATELLITE NEWSFEED SERVICES ANNOUNCES FULL OPERATION --

l...@netsys.com (rutgers!netsys!len) "What a long,strange trip it's been.."

For more information regarding the Pagesat Usenet to Satellite Uplink system,
mail to "page...@pagesat.netsys.com" or call: 415-424-0380 (ask for marketing)
. Delivering 40+ megabytes of Usenet news each day, at 9600 bps ..
. We aim at the stars, and you get news ..