List:       best-of-security
Subject:    BoS: B-O-S hub site disconnected (IMPORTANT)
From:       Julian Assange <proff () suburbia ! net>
Date:       1996-01-10 3:36:52

Dear Best-of-Security subscriber,

This is an emergency mail-out. Please read it to its conclusion.

The B-O-S distribution hub site SUBURBIA.NET has had its network
connection severed. Mail to B-O-S will queued at our MX seconder
world.net until our network connection returns. However it is quite
possible that some messages maybe lost. Therefore we ask you to hold off
sending mail to B-O-S until you receive an announcement from the
moderator stating that the coast is clear.

FTP access to SUBURBIA.NET is unfortunately also unavailable until we
back in the sunlight. Those hunting for the B-O-S archives in the
mean-time can find a hypermail interface via:

	http://www.connectNET.net.au/BoS/index.html

Much of the content of our cryptographic and ITAR release archives are
available from:

	ftp://ftp.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security

and

	ftp://ftp.hacktic.nl/pub/replay

A portion of our security archives and some of the moderator's security
programs (and a lot of other good material) is available from:

	ftp://coast.cs.purdue.edu/{tools,mirrors/suburbia.apana.org.au}

***

The circumstances of our network disconnection are something which makes
my blood boil. Briefly, there are certain people who have influence
with our network provider who have for some time now taken up a behind the
scenes opposition to the politics (freedom of speech, privacy, strong
cryptography, network administrative accountability and support of
political lobby groups) of this site. We have referred the matter to
our lawyers for (at least) breach of contract.

Your support and pressure is both welcome and needed. I urge those who
find this mailing-list or our site in general useful or find the network
disconnection of a site with over 1300 users for political reasons
objectionable to send a letter of support or objection to our network
provider:

	The Committee
        APANA
	Reply Paid 1250 	/* no postage necessary within Australia */
	P.O BOX 1189
	CAMBERWELL VIC 3124
	AUSTRALIA

Or via FAX on:

	+61-3-9462-2577

We would very much appreciate a copy of any correspondence you send.
Alternatively, if FAXing or Air-mail is difficult for you, feel free to
email us a LaTex, Tex, Lyx, DVI, Postscript, G3 or even ASCII file to
printout and send off in your name.

You can reach us via:

	FAX:   +61-3-9819-9066
	EMAIL: proff@four.net, proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu, markd@world.net
	SMAIL: SUBURBIA.NET P.O BOX 2031 BARKER VIC 3122 AUSTRALIA

Many thanks to those who have written to us far. Your words have made
life worth while.

-Julian Assange.

|Julian Assange                    | "if you think the United  States has    |
|FAX: +61-3-9819-9066              |  stood still, who built the largest     |
|EMAIL: proff@four.net             |  shopping centre in the world?" - Nixon |