List:       cryptography
Subject:    Re: Mailinglist programs with PGP-encryption?
From:       Michael Motyka < mmotyka () lsil ! com>
Date:       1999-01-16 0:43:31

Jukka E Isosaari wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Are there any mailinglist programs that would let the
> subscribers to give a public PGP-key for encrypting all the
> list e-mails when subscribing, and that would also handle
> them automatically? Would it be hard to implement this?
> Preferably the program should also be able to handle
> it's own key and be able to accept encrypted e-mail
> sent by subscribers.
>
> ++ J

It doesn't sound particularly difficult but I don't get the point - if
anyone can subscribe to the list a la majordomo then what's the point of
encrypting the mail?

You would need to restrict subscription for encryption to make sense.
Even then, the larger the list the more likely it is to get infiltrated.

Mike

List:       cryptography
From:       Julian Assange < proff () iq ! org>
Date:       1999-01-16 1:37:54

Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com> writes:

> It doesn't sound particularly difficult but I don't get the point - if
> anyone can subscribe to the list a la majordomo then what's the point of
> encrypting the mail?
>
> You would need to restrict subscription for encryption to make sense.
> Even then, the larger the list the more likely it is to get infiltrated.
>
> Mike

I understand Andreas Bogk / ccc-berlin has written one of these. Andreas?

Cheers,
Julian.

List:       cryptography
From:       Andreas Bogk < ich () andreas ! org>
Date:       1999-01-18 13:52:20

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 12:37:54PM +1100, Julian Assange wrote:
> I understand Andreas Bogk / ccc-berlin has written one of these. Andreas?

Yes, I co-authored a gross hack based on qmail/ezmlm and some perl.
You can find it on our cvs, at

:pserver:anoncvs@berlin.ccc.de:/home/cvsroot

The password is anoncvs, and you want to check out the module
ezmlm-pgp. Be warned, this is work in progres.

Lutz Donnerhacke also has done some work, I think it's majordomo-based.
You can find that at

ftp.iks-jena.de:/pub/mitarb/lutz/crypt/mailinglist/

Andreas

--
If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when