List:       cypherpunks
Subject:    mirror volunteers needed
From:       Julian Assange <proff () iq ! org>
Date:       2001-10-16 5:03:46

If you are brave and have a unix account/machine with approximately
2Gig of disk free, we need you.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
                       |together to collect wood or assign them tasks and
 proff@iq.org          |work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery

List:       cypherpunks
Subject:    Re: mirror volunteers needed
From:       Steve Furlong <sfurlong () acmenet ! net>
Date:       2001-10-16 5:19:54

Julian Assange wrote:

> If you are brave and have a unix account/machine with approximately
> 2Gig of disk free, we need you.

More details, please. Mainly the kind of material to be hosted. Holding
2GB of kiddie porn (horseman alert!) might be objectionable on moral
grounds as well as legal grounds.

What kind of traffic is expected, in terms of connections per hours and
bytes per hour?

Why does it need to be a *NIX machine? Ease of remote access, security,
active content, or the requirements of the mirroring software?

The mirror would presumably need a fixed IP address. Are there any other
requirements?

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato