Tech Insider					     Technology and Trends


			      USENET Archives

From: Eric Chu <e_...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/08
Message-ID: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379280933
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Organization: MindSpring Enterprises
X-Server-Date: 9 Aug 1998 00:36:45 GMT
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Mime-Version: 1.0
Reply-To: e_...@yahoo.com
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody in this newsgroup had signed up for the
Mindstorm Beta Testing, and if you've gotten anything more than the
confirmation letter.

Thanks
Eric Chu
e_...@yahoo.com

From: mat...@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
Subject: Re: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/09
Message-ID: <slrn6spss1.lcr.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379284286
References: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com>
Organization: Boston University
Reply-To: mat...@mattdm.org
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

Eric Chu <e_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I was wondering if anybody in this newsgroup had signed up for the
>Mindstorm Beta Testing, and if you've gotten anything more than the
>confirmation letter.

So, uh, you got a confirmation letter???

-- 
Matthew Miller                      --->                  mat...@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                       --->             http://quotes-r-us.org/

From: Matt Hanson <"mth8358"@NO SPAMwichita.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/08
Message-ID: <6qisbn$vhn$1@nw003t.infi.net>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379288080
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
References: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com> <slrn6spss1.lcr.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Organization: InfiNet
Mime-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

I got an e-mail confirmation.  I was also wondering if anyone in this
group was one of the "chosen ones."  I'm getting a bit antsy.

Matthew Miller wrote:
> 
> Eric Chu <e_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I was wondering if anybody in this newsgroup had signed up for the
> >Mindstorm Beta Testing, and if you've gotten anything more than the
> >confirmation letter.
> 
> So, uh, you got a confirmation letter???
> 
> --
> Matthew Miller                      --->                  mat...@mattdm.org
> Quotes 'R' Us                       --->             http://quotes-r-us.org/
> 

-- 

HEY!!!  Look down here!

-------------------------------
Remove "NO SPAM" when replying.

From: mat...@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
Subject: Re: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/09
Message-ID: <slrn6spu3j.li3.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379288081
References: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com> <slrn6spss1.lcr.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu> 
<6qisbn$vhn$1@nw003t.infi.net>
Organization: Boston University
Reply-To: mat...@mattdm.org
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

Matt Hanson <@NOSPAMwichita.infi.net> wrote:
>I got an e-mail confirmation.  I was also wondering if anyone in this
>group was one of the "chosen ones."  I'm getting a bit antsy.

Is there an NDA? Anything else you can share with the rest of us?

-- 
Matthew Miller                      --->                  mat...@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                       --->             http://quotes-r-us.org/

From: Matt Hanson <"mth8358"@NO SPAMwichita.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/08
Message-ID: <6qj13d$99p$1@nw003t.infi.net>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379304359
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
References: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com> <slrn6spss1.lcr.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu> 
<6qisbn$vhn$1@nw003t.infi.net> <slrn6spu3j.li3.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Organization: InfiNet
Mime-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

I'm probably overlooking something obvious here, but what's an NDA?


Matthew Miller wrote:
> 
> Matt Hanson <@NOSPAMwichita.infi.net> wrote:
> >I got an e-mail confirmation.  I was also wondering if anyone in this
> >group was one of the "chosen ones."  I'm getting a bit antsy.
> 
> Is there an NDA? Anything else you can share with the rest of us?
> 
> --
> Matthew Miller                      --->                  mat...@mattdm.org
> Quotes 'R' Us                       --->             http://quotes-r-us.org/
> 

-- 

HEY!!!  Look down here!

-------------------------------
Remove "NO SPAM" when replying.

From: mat...@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
Subject: Re: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/09
Message-ID: <slrn6sq6fs.mq2.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379310435
References: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com> <slrn6spss1.lcr.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu> 
<6qisbn$vhn$1@nw003t.infi.net> <slrn6spu3j.li3.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu> 
<6qj13d$99p$1@nw003t.infi.net>
Organization: Boston University
Reply-To: mat...@mattdm.org
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

Matt Hanson <@NOSPAMwichita.infi.net> wrote:
>I'm probably overlooking something obvious here, but what's an NDA?

Non-disclosure agreement. Usually, when you're accepted into a beta program,
you have to sign one, promising you won't reveal any details. NDAs vary in
specifics -- some won't let you even say you're in the program, whereas
others barely limit you at all.

-- 
Matthew Miller                      --->                  mat...@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                       --->             http://quotes-r-us.org/

From: ke...@pixel.Stanford.EDU (Kekoa Proudfoot)
Subject: Re: Mindstorm Beta
Date: 1998/08/10
Message-ID: <6qo25g$aee@pixel.Stanford.EDU>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 379886797
References: <35CCEF1C.120F@yahoo.com> <slrn6spu3j.li3.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu> 
<6qj13d$99p$1@nw003t.infi.net> <slrn6sq6fs.mq2.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>
Organization: Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

Matthew Miller <mat...@mattdm.org> wrote:
> NDAs vary in specifics -- some won't let you even say you're in the
> program ...

One way to get around this one piece of information is for people to agree
to tell this newsgroup that they are not in the beta test program if indeed
they do not receive a response.  We can then assume that, if they don't say
anything, they *are* in the program.  And we can send e-mail to them
asking, in case they just forgot to say that they're not in the program; a
second non-response is a confirmation.

A pain, especially considering how many people applied to be in the program
relative to how many are in this group, however...

-Kekoa

			        About USENET

USENET (Users’ Network) was a bulletin board shared among many computer
systems around the world. USENET was a logical network, sitting on top
of several physical networks, among them UUCP, BLICN, BERKNET, X.25, and
the ARPANET. Sites on USENET included many universities, private companies
and research organizations. See USENET Archives.

		       SCO Files Lawsuit Against IBM

March 7, 2003 - The SCO Group filed legal action against IBM in the State 
Court of Utah for trade secrets misappropriation, tortious interference, 
unfair competition and breach of contract. The complaint alleges that IBM 
made concentrated efforts to improperly destroy the economic value of 
UNIX, particularly UNIX on Intel, to benefit IBM's Linux services 
business. See SCO v IBM.

The materials and information included in this website may only be used
for purposes such as criticism, review, private study, scholarship, or
research.

Electronic mail:			       WorldWideWeb:
   tech-insider@outlook.com			  http://tech-insider.org/