From: db...@nospam.com (Dave Baum)
Subject: Minstorms beta testing
Date: 1998/08/24
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

I don't know any of the details of the Mindstorms beta test, but I was
involved in the Robolab beta test.  (Robolab is the RCX software available
through Dacta).

The Robolab beta test was a *real* beta test.  It ran over several months,
with intermim versions of software released to fix bugs discovered during
the beta.

I am sure that Mindstorms had a similar testing process.  The recently
announced "public beta test", however, seems like more of a publicity and
information gathering exercise than anything else (why else would they
care about family income).  I assume everyone who responded to the beta
test questionaire will get a follow up notice about mindstorms being
available, etc.

Since Mindstorms is now released, I've posting some pictures of a few RCX
creations on my web site:

http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/creations/index.html

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com

Cool models, thanks for the info and the pics! How did you get involved?
That is, who contacted who? Did you get a full set of stuff to play with
and keep?

Dave Baum wrote:

> I don't know any of the details of the Mindstorms beta test, but I was
> involved in the Robolab beta test.  (Robolab is the RCX software available
> through Dacta).
>
> The Robolab beta test was a *real* beta test.  It ran over several months,
> with intermim versions of software released to fix bugs discovered during
> the beta.
>
> I am sure that Mindstorms had a similar testing process.  The recently
> announced "public beta test", however, seems like more of a publicity and
> information gathering exercise than anything else (why else would they
> care about family income).  I assume everyone who responded to the beta
> test questionaire will get a follow up notice about mindstorms being
> available, etc.
>
> Since Mindstorms is now released, I've posting some pictures of a few RCX
> creations on my web site:
>
> http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/creations/index.html
>
> Dave
>
> --
> reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com

--
Larry Pieniazek    http://my.voyager.net/lar
I prefer email at my CTP email address. It works fine.