Tech Insider					   Technology and Trends

			   USENET Archives

From: db...@nospam.com (Dave Baum)
Subject: New RCX Programming Language
Date: 1998/08/27
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

I've got a simple compiler for RCX code ready for beta testing and I need
a few people to help test it.

At present, I'm supporting Win32 and Macintosh.  The language has a syntax
similar to C, so familiarity with C is a big plus.  Mac users will need to
have MPW installed (the compiler is a MPW tool) and a PowerPC mac.  I've
been using the Mac version quite a bit, but the Win32 version hasn't seen
much testing.

Of course you must have your own RCX, etc.  You'll also need Mindstorms
and/or Robolab since my compiler expects the firmware to already be
loaded.

e-mail me if you're interested in helping out with testing.

Dave

p.s.  Before anyone asks, a linux port is already planned.

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com