		       LUGNET Mailing List Archives

Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics
From: lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
Subject: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <==> lugnet.robotics
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:01:35 GMT

newsgroup are now linked via a two-way mail-to-news/news-to-mail gateway.

So, anything posted to lugnet.robotics will show up on lego-robotics and
vice-versa.  (Except MIME messages and binaries, which won't show up in
lugnet.robotics.)

Here's how the link was accomplished:

lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com as a list-member.  This sent out a confirmation
message to lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com, which I replied to, and then the
lego-robotics server sent the message below (mostly snipped).  I then added
lego-robotics@crynwr.com to the outgoing e-mail distribution list for
lugnet.robotics and asked the lugnet.com mail-to-news gateway to specially
convert anything coming from lego-robotics@crynwr.com so that all the names
would pass automatically without making all the lego-robotics mailing list
subscribers go through the lugnet.com News Posting Setup process.  Outgoing
messages from lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com are also converted specially so
that they won't bounce when received by lego-robotics@crynwr.com.

--Todd