		       LUGNET Mailing List Archives

Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics
From: "Russell Stoll" <admin@legomindstorms.com>
Subject: Categorizing uploaded robot images on legomindstorms.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:58:43 GMT

Folks,

We'd like to categorize the robot/invention photos that have been uploaded to
legomindstorms.com.  I've come up with a tentative list of categories that I
wanted to show the group before we begin the process of tagging the existing
collection.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Russell Stoll
LEGO MINDSTORMS

Walking with 2 legs
Walking with more than 2 legs
Games
With grabbing ability/robotic arms
Cranes
Wheeled
Alarms
With scanning ability/copiers
Appliances/useful machines
Locks/safes
Animal simulators
Uses Pneumatics
Light or dark-seeking
Climbing
Data-collecting
Music playing
Line following
Uses home-brewed sensors
Programmed using RCX Code
Programmed using NQC
Programmed using other language
Interesting gearing
Interesting senso

> We'd like to categorize the robot/invention photos that have been uploaded to
> legomindstorms.com.  I've come up with a tentative list of categories that I
> wanted to show the group before we begin the process of tagging the existing
> collection.  Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Russell Stoll
> LEGO MINDSTORMS

Ummmm, WELCOME!

<snipped many good categories>

> Interesting senso

I am assuming a mailer problem or you forgot the "r" at the end... :-)

Will users be able to categorize their own inventions, and will there
be more than one category per invention?

If I look at my mazewalker, I can thing of about 4 categories for it...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com

Hi Ralph!  Good to meet you at MindFest.

>Will users be able to categorize their own inventions, and will there
>be more than one category per invention?
>
>If I look at my mazewalker, I can thing of about 4 categories for it...

Yes, users will be able to categorize their own inventions, putting their
creations in up to 4 or 5 categories.

Regards,
Russ