Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos,lugnet.robotics
From: Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu>
Subject: Official release of legOS 0.2.4 and legOS HOWTO 0.2.0
Sender: liv@teer13.acpub.duke.edu
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 05:00:11 GMT

Hi, everyone! On behalf of Paolo Masetti and myself, and the rest of the
legOS crew, I'd like to announce the release of legOS version 0.2.4. This
is the first release in many months, and so it has lots of great goodies.

*Vastly improved stability with large programs. No more mysterious crashes
or freezes- legOS is finally as stable as the Unix systems it aspires to
become :)

*More reliable sensor readings- none of that annoying sensor jitter.

*Battery handling code- find out exactly how close your batteries are to
dying, down to the mV.

*Assembler fixes: legOS will now build correctly with gcc 2.95.

*random number generation! Ever wanted your robot to just pick a
direction, /any/ direction? Now you can.

*Variables can now persist. If you want to store information, turn off the
robot, and come back to that same data, you can.

Anyway, that's most of the news that is fit to print. You can get the new
version of legOS here:

http://legOS.sourceforge.net/files/common/legOS-0.2.4.tar.gz

To coincide with this release, there is also now a new version of the
legOS HOWTO, completely updated for the 0.2.x series of legOS kernels. You
can get the HOWTO from sourceforge:

http://legOS.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/

Finally, there is a new API doc, for those who feel the HOWTO just isn't
technical enough. You can find it here:

http://legOS.sourcforge.net/API/

Enjoy, and keep the feedback coming: we look forward to an even better
(and hopefully much closer) legOS 0.2.5 with your help.

-Luis, Paolo, and the rest of the legOS developer team