From: battle@cs.utk.edu (David Battle)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux
Subject: Linux Contributors please stand up!
Date: 27 Mar 92 23:47:51 GMT

I am compiling a list of Linux contributors.  Please send me the names
of people who have made substantial contributions of original code or docs,
done major non-trivial ports, or provided substantial organizational
labor.  Please *OMIT* authors of GPL programs which have been ported
to Linux by someone other than (one of) the original author(s).
Please include information about exactly what their contribution
was.

To avoid excessive traffic, here are the people I'm aware of (hardly
exhaustive, I'm sure):

Kernel Author		torvalds@cc.helsinki.fi (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
Root Floppy Maintainer	jwinstea@jarthur.claremont.edu (Jim Winstead Jr.)
init, getty, login	poe@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Orbaek)
pfdisk			bjl@pttrnl.nl (Ben Lippolt)
BEGINNER'S GUIDE	boyer@sumax.seattleu.edu (Chuck Boyer)
FAQ maintainer		corsini@numero6.greco-prog.fr (Marc CORSINI)
tsx-11.mit.edu		tytso@Athena.MIT.EDU (Theodore Ts'o)
linux-standards founder	abc@concert.net (Alan Clegg)

Corrections to the above list also welcome.

Please send other names to:

-David L. Battle
battle@cs.utk.edu