Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: pnakada@oracle.com (Paul Nakada)
Subject: X386 and lame SVGA cards
Date: Wed, 6 May 1992 18:39:34 GMT
              at Oracle Corporation.  The opinions expressed are those
              of the user and not necessarily those of Oracle.

Linux Hackers -

  I've got a Trident SVGA card which isn't supported under X386.
Shouldn't there be a way to use it as a plain VGA card (640x480)?
Aren't all SVGA cards the same if treated as VGA?  Windows doesn't
have any problems with the default VGA driver and my card, it's just
the higher resolutions which need trident specific drivers.  So, is
there an Xconfig for plain VGA cards?

Thanks.

- Paul
--