Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: explorer@iastate.edu (Michael Graff)
Subject: Installation and Updates
Date: Sat, 23 May 1992 19:34:14 GMT

One thing 386BSD has over Linux is ease of installation.  It took me a
little over thirty minutes to install 386BSD on my machine.  So far it has
taken two hours of simply collecting stuff so I can make a working system.

I like Linux, and would like it even more if one of those people who
apparently USE it would simply tar up their /usr /etc and other directories
and put them someplace where I can get them.

I know Unix, I like Unix, but I'd like to be at least a bit organized
anyway!  ;)

P.S.  I still prefer a BSD-type system.  I don't like short filenames,
and I'd love to NFS my roomates computer with mine.  Anyone have any
real networking stuff out there for Linux?

--
HI!-I'M-A-.SIGNATURE-CONDOM.--COPY-ME-TO-PROTECT-YOUR-.SIGNATURE-FROM-INFECTIO
I                               Michael Graff                                N