Comments: Gated by NET...@AUVM.AMERICAN.EDU
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.games-l
Date:         Wed, 27 May 1992 08:48:37 MEZ
Sender:       Computer Games List <GAMES-L@BROWNVM.BITNET>
From:         Jumbo <RM8B@DLRVM.BITNET>
Subject:      Re: UMICH FTP SITE

blah.blah.umich.edu doesn't appear to accept interactive logins. We can
access the BITFTP at Princeton University from here and it gets into Umich
ok but if I do a direct FTP, it chucks me out.

Is it possible that Umich... has a list of servers that it will accept connects
from.

Anyway, as an alternative, try:
nic.funet.fi 128.214.6.100  This has a server which doesn't accept connects
                            from the U.S.A. (and who can blame it) but the
                            alternative in the You Ess of Ay is:
risc.ua.edu  130.160.4.7    This is internationally accessable.

I suppose you all knew this but just in case, I thought I'd mention it.

Regards

Jumbo

"Illogical Negativism doesn't eeeaaaarrrrggghhhllllll" Peter Ryan

Comments: Gated by NET...@AUVM.AMERICAN.EDU