Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: lavog00@DMI.USherb.CA (GUYLAIN LAVOIE)
Subject: 8514/A with Linux?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1992 08:16:14 GMT

Hi, is-it possible to use 8514/A card with Linux XWindows or MGR?

Guylain Lavoie
LAVOG00@DMI.USherb.CA

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: obz@sisd.kodak.com (Orest Zborowski COMP)
Subject: Re: 8514/A with Linux?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 12:41:26 GMT

lavog00@DMI.USherb.CA (GUYLAIN LAVOIE) writes:
>Hi, is-it possible to use 8514/A card with Linux XWindows or MGR?
>
>Guylain Lavoie
>LAVOG00@DMI.USherb.CA

not under x386. thomas roell has a version in the works, but it will be
part of a commercial product. i have heard of no plans from the mit
community to extend the range of supported chips, although there is
a small group of people working on the next version of x386 which should
run much faster on the current collection of chips. they have said
informally that supporting other chips may be possible in the future.
there was some talk of supporting trident, etc chips (even some patches)
but i haven't heard of anything in a while. it would be really nice to
have a cga or std vga driver, even if it was slow.

zorst
[obz@raster.Kodak.COM]
--
zorst (orest zborowski)