Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: pcl...@cheops.qld.tne.oz.au (Rick)
Subject: Source for X port, linux on CDROM.
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1992 01:53:15 GMT

As you may (or may not) know, Robert Bruce (rab@sprite) hopes to
publish a linux/bsd386 CD in about September.  I'm *really* hanging
out for this.  My concern is that when bob takes a snapshot of the
archive, he might miss some of the distribution.  For instance, looking
around the archive sites (kirk & tsx-11) I can't seem to find the
source for the X11 port.  So:

    o   Can someone arrange to have the X stuff put somewhere?  Maybe
        just the diffs?
    o   Would someone like to implement an ISO9660 file system so
        that we can mount this sucker?
    o   Is there, somewhere, a complete linux distribution?  Some
	time ago, there was a lot of discussion regarding the
	directory structure that the distribution should use.  Was this
	resolved?  Was it implemented?

Mainly, I want to make sure that bob can generate a complete CD with a
minimum of fuss.  I would do the IOS9660 system myself, except that I
don't have linux or (yet) a CDROM drive.

Cheers,
Rick.