From: golding%eccx.d...@esu36.cfsat.honeywell.com (DUDE LOOKS LIKE A STUD PUPPY)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: Linux history...
Date: 3 Aug 92 00:34:04 GMT
Sender: dae...@athena.mit.edu (Mr Background)

Hi,

I like Linux alot, but have been wondering about the following for some time:
Does anyone know the age/background/education of Linus Torvalds?

Just wondering ...

*Munger*

From: wirzeniu@klaava.Helsinki.FI (Lars Wirzenius)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: Re: Linux history...
Date: 3 Aug 92 16:52:01 GMT

golding%eccx.dnet@esu36.cfsat.honeywell.com (DUDE LOOKS LIKE A STUD
PUPPY) writes:
>I like Linux alot, but have been wondering about the following for some time:
>Does anyone know the age/background/education of Linus Torvalds?

It was a dark and stormy night.  The whole castle was silent in
suspension.  The servants were in their rooms.  For once they were not
gossipping about their masters.  The count, a tall man with black hair
and almost white skin, was standing at the window in the library,
silently watching out in the rain.
	Suddenly there was a hideous cry that made the servants' blood
freeze.  They all felt that something evil had entered the world.
Outside, the storm became even more violent, almost ripping the whole
Karpatian mountains to pieces.  The count ran swiftly to his wife's
bedroom, just in time to open the door to the doctor who came out.  In
the doctor's arms was a newborn baby.
	"It is a boy, count.  Your wife is well."
	"Quickly, he needs his first meal.  All men in my family have
their first taste of blood at birth."
	The butler came with a small bottle of blood, which the small
demon drank greedily.
	"He is a strong boy.  What will you call him?"
	"Linus, after my father, and Benedict, after my wife's.  We have
such great plans for him.  He shall take over the world, one day.  He
shall construct the most devilish computer program possible, and entice
millions of innocent people to use it, and then force them to obey him,
however heinous his demands may be.  He will even force them to believe
that they have to have timeouts when encountering an escape character!"

Such was the beginning of that demon we all fear.  The rest, as they
say, is history.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Actually, there are two things above that are correct: Linus' first and
second names.  Everything else is (in case you didn't notice) rubbish.

Linus is currently about 22 years and 7 months young.  He speaks
Swedish, English, Finnish (badly :), and a bit of Latin.  He studies at
the University of Helsinki, since fall of 1988, majoring in Computer
Science and minoring in maths and physics.  He is shortish (around 170 I
think), wears glasses, has a cat (at least when I've been at his place
he does, since Schrodinger (sp?) you can't be certain about cats), a
computer, and an unclean room.  Drinks beer, schnapps, and other things
if somebody else is paying.  He eats pizza and likes garlic.  He hacks.
He's going to hate me.

What else do you want to know?

--
Lars.Wirzenius@helsinki.fi

>Linus is currently about 22 years and 7 months young.  He speaks
                          ^^^^^^^^
That is already well (?) known - at least to kernel source readers
-- or did he harcode in his girl friend's birth day?
(hint: it's no use grep'ing for 1969 or 1970, it's a bit hidden)

>Swedish, English, Finnish (badly :), and a bit of Latin.  He studies at
>the University of Helsinki, since fall of 1988, majoring in Computer
>Science and minoring in maths and physics.  He is shortish (around 170 I
>think), wears glasses, has a cat (at least when I've been at his place
>he does, since Schrodinger (sp?) you can't be certain about cats), a
>computer, and an unclean room.  Drinks beer, schnapps, and other things
>if somebody else is paying.  He eats pizza and likes garlic.  He hacks.
>He's going to hate me.
>
>What else do you want to know?
>
>--
>Lars.Wirzen...@helsinki.fi

Pascal

--
(hai...@izfm386i.fertigungstechnik.uni-stuttgart.de)

>>Linus is currently about 22 years and 7 months young.  He speaks
>                          ^^^^^^^^
>That is already well (?) known - at least to kernel source readers
>-- or did he harcode in his girl friend's birth day?
>(hint: it's no use grep'ing for 1969 or 1970, it's a bit hidden)

No, it's my birthday, and I'm surprised anybody found it.  I thought I
had hidden it well enough :-).  And I'm not giving hints.

		Linus